I guess technically these goals were started in November 2016, but most were set to be achieved in 2017 anyways. Here’s the original goals post, and here is my mid year update.
- Maintain my current weight – Over a year and a half at this weight! Just need to keep it under control through the holidays. I know being back in public accounting and tax season will be a challenge but hoping I can persevere and make good food choices. I love the way I feel at this weight and I have so much more confidence.
- Run in a 5k race – I ran the Thanksgiving 5k again in 2017, so two official 5k’s in my life. Really still hoping to get more 5k’s in my life!
- Get the ball rolling on turning our property into a retirement home for Phoenix and Stampede (feel free to add thoughts if you think of other things I should consider!). This whole change is a bit overwhelming but it is the right move and I can’t wait to have my two boys right outside my door every day. Wow, boys are home and happy. I have some long-term improvements I want to make but pretty satisfied with how everything turned out. I will say my stall doors are annoying in that they don’t line up right with the bottom guides and thus the horse can sometimes pop the bottoms of the doors out. Mostly Stampede…
- Try to keep Stampede sound (we made it so long but currently having an issue, waiting on vet input on x-rays) and continue dressage lessons over the winter. We all know this was a fail and Stamp is happily retired. It’s a happy fail though, love having my horse back.
- Enjoy Mr. P and his fabulous self – Easily done! I originally had intentions to ride him at home but he didn’t seem so interested and honestly riding in a pasture is fairly boring and somewhat stressful as Stampede would freak out about being separated. Everyone is happy and retired at Morstone Acres although P says he will still give pony rides.
- Start considering more specifically what I’m looking for in my next horse – I wrote about my considerations here, my failed PPE experience on a cute 4 year old here, and the addition of Maestro to the family here. Almost 3 months in and having so much fun with my first non-chestnut.
- Get a truck! Big Red is seriously the best. I can’t imagine not having a truck at this point. Comfortable, fun to drive, makes moving big things around easier. What’s not to love? Just celebrated my one year truckversary!
What an amazing year it has been for “making it happen” as I titled my original goal post. Just looking back at the post from when the ponies came home brings tears to my eyes. I’m just SO lucky to be able to give my chestnut boys a good retirement and continue on my riding journey with the new guy. I really can’t say enough how much I appreciate everything people have done to help me get to this point and achieve my goals. My husband and parents in particular have been so instrumental – I literally couldn’t have done it without them.
I guess now it’s time to start thinking about those 2018 goals? Maybe the show ring is calling?
Man, you really crushed 2017! It’s been so fun to read about your farm renovations and horse shopping adventures. Cheers to a just as fabulous 2018!
Thanks, I’m so proud of everything that was achieved this year and so excited to see where things go with Maestro! Thanks for following along and being a good friend!
You have had a very successful year. I love your truck!
Definitely proved to myself what I could do if I put my mind to it! Big red is such a fun truck!
So many huge things crossed off the list! It was an ambitious plan but I love how methodical you were with getting it all done – congrats!
Thanks, all the huge items! My accountant side may have shown through, ha!
You’ve had a big year full of success! Here’s to another in 2018!
Thank you! Hoping for a little less money spent (barn renovations and horse purchase $$$$$!) but lots of fun for 2018!
You had so many changes this year, so glad it seems like they’ve all turned out for the best!
Yes I think it’s all worked out well although life is a lot different these days! Retiring Stampede and getting him home were the best moves I made in 2017 for sure.
Holy moly what a year! You really accomplished a TON! Congrats on getting the older boys settled at home and finding such a great new partner in crime!
Thanks, lots of work but so rewarding!
What an amazing year!! Congrats on all fronts 🙂
Definitely a year of positive changes for you! Heres to 2018!
Thanks, looking forward to what 2018 has in store!