I think the main thing I learned during my 50+ pound weight loss journey that began a year ago is that you can talk all you want but if you really want to make a change you just have to do it. If I set a goal and set out the steps I need to follow to complete it I have proven to myself that I can be successful. So here I find myself after years of wondering how you people set goals on your blogs. I’ve started thinking of my goals! I figured in that case I might as well share! These are goals for the next 6-9 months.
- Maintain my current weight
- Run in a 5k race – I run that far regularly but I’ve never done an official race and it sounds fun. Scheduled to do one on Thanksgiving!
- Start to add back in body weight exercises – push ups, planks, etc – I’ve gotten lazy with this
- Get the ball rolling on turning our property into a retirement home for Phoenix and Stampede (feel free to add thoughts if you think of other things I should consider!). This whole change is a bit overwhelming but it is the right move and I can’t wait to have my two boys right outside my door every day.
- Clean out the pole barn – so much random stuff to throw away and old stalls will need ripped out (they are 10′ x 10′)
- Plan out stalls and lighting, get quotes for stalls and electrical work
- Figure out getting water to the barn (the previous owners ran a hose in the summer and carried buckets in winter!)
- Map out how I want to do the fencing in the portion of the property that hasn’t been redone yet and get quotes for that work
- Research how to make metal siding on the barn safe for ponies to be outside near – maybe add wood to a certain height?
- Plan for things like manure disposal, hay suppliers, etc.
- Try to keep Stampede sound (we made it so long but currently having an issue, waiting on vet input on x-rays) and continue dressage lessons over the winter
- Enjoy Mr. P and his fabulous self
- Start considering more specifically what I’m looking for in my next horse
- Get a truck! I’m due for a new vehicle and a truck will be useful with horses at home and also opens up the option for a trailer later on
Here’s a picture of part of our property – the area where the two barns are. I plan to use the white one for hay storage (it has a 2nd story hay loft) and the red one will have the stalls.
Here’s to having a plan and making it happen!